A movie lover’s dream, the Criterion Channel offers classics and discoveries from around the world, thematically programmed with special features, on a streaming service brought to you by the Criterion Collection.
With constantly refreshed selections of Hollywood, international, art-house, and independent movies, plus access to Criterion’s entire streaming library of more than 1,000 important classic and contemporary films, there’s something new to choose from every day of the week on the Criterion Channel. Start with Sunday Spotlights on directors, stars, genres, and themes; Tuesday’s Short + Feature; or the Friday double bill. Try out our 15-minute-a-month film school, Observations on Film Art, or choose from suggestions by friends like Barry Jenkins, Guillermo del Toro, or Mira Nair. Go deep with the Criterion Collection’s archive of special features for context that no other service can match.
- The Criterion Collection’s streaming library, including many complete editions released on Blu-ray and DVD, as well as unreleased titles
- Ongoing programs of Hollywood, international, art-house, independent, documentary, and short films, including thematic programming, director and star retrospectives, and guest-curated series
- Original Criterion Channel series such as Observations on Film Art, Adventures in Moviegoing, and Art-House America
- Supplemental features to deepen your appreciation of the art of film, including audio commentaries, behind-the-scenes footage, scholarly analyses, introductions, new and archival interviews, and trailers
To access all features and content you can subscribe to The Criterion Channel on a monthly or yearly basis with an auto-renewing subscription right inside the app.* Pricing can vary by region and will be confirmed before purchase in the app. In app subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of their cycle.
* All payments will be paid through your Google Account and may be managed under Account Settings after the initial payment. Subscription payments will automatically renew unless deactivated at least 24-hours before the end of the current cycle. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current cycle. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited upon payment. Cancellations are incurred by disabling auto-renewal.
Terms of Service: https://www.criterionchannel.com/tos
Criterion is awesome, superbly curated collection of movies. But, I have to give 4 stars for the APP. It's a bit outdated. The menus are stiff and dont even offer suggestions related to a title you're looking at. Which is super sad, because when searching the app you need specific key words input...I don't know every movie title out there or every actor's name... I must miss a lot of stuff thats on Criterion just because I dont even know it exists and they're not suggested somehow to me.
My favorite streaming service and it's not even close. So much new content added each month
Subtitles and Chromecast feature are really intuitive. Film curation is excellent as always.
Great Great great films. Well worth the money for this reason. Yet, a bit glitchy. On my app, the recently viewed stay at the top and don't disappear. And sometimes the app doesn't remember where you left off if you need to step away. Also, I think the app could benefit from a 10-15 second forwards/backwards button surrounding the pause button.
The app has never given me any trouble. Criterion is lit.
Best streaming service, hands down.
A cinephile's dream!
* Bug fixes
* Performance improvements
Subscribe our newsletter and get useful information every week.